Upholstery Cleaning Services
The certified upholstery cleaning services technicians at BENCHMARK are available to help homeowners remove even the most difficult of stains, odors, asthma inducing allergens, and much more.
Trust our experienced techs for your Upholstery Cleaning Services.
Most Portlanders know BENCHMARK as the leader in the upholstery cleaning with more than 35 years of experience. So many of our upholstery cleaning services—such as stain removals, pet odors and carpet repairs —involve the healthiness, and appeal of your home.
When you call on us for your home’s upholstery cleaning, and other related services, we bring that experience and our training, just as we do to any other cleaning or restoration service we provide.
We are proud of the solutions used in our pet odor & stain removal services. Each treatment is specially formulated to be safe for use in your home with family, children and pets. We work hard to be sure every treatments have the very best combination of solution, service and expertise—combinations that not only work effectively on your pet stains and odors, by are safe for everyone in your home.
Allergies & Chemical Sensitivities Treatments
If you’re one of the 70 million Americans that suffer from allergies or allergic illnesses such as asthma or sinusitis you already know how miserable they can be. What you may not know is that dust mite and pet allergens found indoors are the leading causes of allergic disease and allergy reactions.
Benchmark’s 10 Core Steps
When considering what type of clean you need, do you mind if we ask you a few more questions to get you a more exact quote?
- How long has it been since your upholstery was last cleaned?
- Would you consider the soiling level light, medium or heavy?
- Do you have any special concerns like – Pet Spots or odors, Allergies, or Frays
All of Benchmark’s carpet cleaning’s start with their Core 10-Steps followed by packages for you to choose exactly the clean you want:
- Step #1. Pre Inspection: Our Cleaning Specialist tests to determine the type of fiber used in your fabric. This determines what type of cleaning solutions and techniques will be used.
- Step #2. Area Preparation: We will prepare the area where the upholstery will be cleaned to protect your surroundings.
- Step #3. Pre-Vacuum: All textiles should be vacuumed thoroughly before cleaning. This step will remove dry soils and loose particles from cracks and crevices.
- Step #4. Pre-Treatment: Depending on your fabric, a special solution designed for your fabric type and soiling conditions, will be applied to “emulsify” the soil.
- Step #5. Pre-Spot: Any potentially difficult spots will be pre-treated with special solutions to increase their chances of removal.
- Step #6. Pre-Groom: The fabric will then be gently groomed using soft brushes or towels to loosen the soil.
- Step #7. Soil Extraction & Rinse: The soil is extracted from the fabric with a gentle, controlled rinse.
- Step #8. Neutralize: The fabric is then pH balanced to maintain its soft, fresh feel.
- Step #9: Post-Spot: Any remaining spots will be treated with special stain removal products.
- Step #10: Post Groom: Fabrics with a pile (such as velvet) will be gently combed with a special brush.
- Step #11: Speed Dry (if necessary): High velocity air movers will be placed on the upholstery to speed dry the fabric.
- Step #12: Post Cleaning Inspection: Our specialist will review the cleaning results with you to insure that your expectations have been met or exceeded.
Question: So what pieces would you like to have cleaned?
Upholstery Cleaning Packages & Pricing
Cleaner Longer Upholstery Cleaning Package$6.00 – $180.00
Freshen Up Upholstery Cleaning Package$7.00 – $150.00
Healthy Home Upholstery Cleaning Package$10.00 – $199.00
The BENCHMARK standard for home Upholstery Cleaning Services
Cleaning can be scheduled same day, or out in the future, tailoring are arrival times, and arrival dates to whatever your needs may be. Cleans are also efficient with a 10-step process at their core to guarantee the best clean.
Highly Trained Techs
We use specialized equipment and proprietary solutions to clean and sanitize the the carpets in your home, while ensuring healthiest method possible during the cleaning process.
#1 Cleaner in PDX
We’ve earned the reputation as the leader in the carpet cleaning with more than 35 years of experience. So our carpet cleaning services involve the healthiness, and appeal of your home.
BENCHMARK will help you navigate the questions and concerns, either in-person, or virtually. No matter which way you prefer to schedule an appointment, we’ve got you covered.
Need Upholstery Cleaning Services?
Homeowners should be aware of a few things in the upholstery cleaning process. First, stains should be identified to increase their chances of removal. This could be via coffee, food, grease, or red wine, etc. Your technician will often begin by using a multitude of “specialty” solutions, either by hand or using a special sprayer, to disengage the holding power of the stain to your carpet. This basic step is an important one in the upholstery cleaning services process.
Upholstery professionals use a variety of equipment that may be mounted on a truck or they may use portable systems. Solutions may also be used to help sanitize, disinfect and deodorize your upholstery. It’s very important to deal with an experienced and reputable company to be sure that only solutions that are environmentally friendly are used in the upholstery cleaning process.
What is the cost to have residential upholstery cleaned?
The cost of upholstery cleaning varies greatly depending on the size and complexity of your system and building. Click GET STARTED to see your personalize pricing…
How long does it take for upholstery to be cleaned?
Cleaning Length: The time to clean your upholstery depends on the number of areas, and the amount of contents that require moving before, and after your cleaning. That said, most cleans take about 1-2 Hours.
Drying Length: Drying time can vary based on your upholstery type, severity of soiling, and humidity in the air. On it’s own, a upholstery can take approximately 2-3 hours to dry.
Speed Drying: The BENCHMARK DrySteem™ System cuts the drying time in half, and if your prefer are speed drying package, your upholstery could be dry the touch within an hour of your technician completing the clean.
Why should I have my upholstery cleaned?
According to the EPA, some research suggests that a cleaning improves the indoor air quality in your home. Improving the indoor air quality may lead to a healthier life and cost savings in replacements down the road.
Recommended For You
Fine Area Rug Cleaning
Your area rug really bring you rooms together, do it not? In addition, they capture stains, dirt, and debris that could become “dust-tumbleweeds,” across your hardwood, or tile surfaces. That’s what area rugs were originally created for!
Air Duct Cleaning
The air duct system is the biggest contributor to the air you breathe inside the home. However, it’s consistently exposed to dirt, debris, as well as the dust of day-to-day use.st a few clicks.
Your driveway is the first thing you see when you come home. However, here in the Pacific Northwest your stone or concrete is consistently capturing mold, mildew, and moss, as well as the wear and tear of day-to-day use takes its toll. clicks.